Monday 5 February 2007

Realistic Pricing

Thursday's euphoria on having potentially saved over a grand on the conversion costs for the car began to wear off over the weekend as I realised that it was all too good to be true. I e-mailed Essex LPG to ask for a specific quote for a 406 Coupé.

The answer came back that they could do it for £1550. No indication as to whether this is inc- or ex-VAT, or as to why this is so much more than the indicative prices on the website. I suspect that the website gives installation prices only, not including the kit itself, but it's not clear that this is the case. Their e-mail also mentioned that they have a few options on different sized tanks. If I'm going to be doing a lot of mileage in this car, a bigger tank and a extra miles between fill-ups might be worth paying for.

On the plus side, I've found a likely-looking car at a used-car dealer in Essex. I've got to travel to Chelmsford on Thursday, so I'm going to go and have a poke around it, if it's still there. It will be good to have a sit inside, although I certainly won't be parting with any money right now.

No comments: