Thursday 1 February 2007

Good news!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd had a price of around £1800 inc VAT for converting my car to run on LPG Autogas. It seems like a lot of money, but when you're looking at saving £600 for every 10,000 miles driven, it's still worthwhile. It did, however, blow a bit of a hole in the £5000 I'd mentally set aside for buying and converting the car.

I've had a bit of a better search around the web this evening. The LPGA (the UK association for all things relating to Autogas and LPG) have a helpful website, which lists all the approved converters in the country. I've sent a few e-mails to local places asking for quotes, but Essex LPG Autogas Conversions say that they can convert a Ford Mondeo for £200 and a C-Class Merc for £400. They're a fair distance away, but for a £1400+ saving I'm not going to complain.

Now, do I reduce my mental budget back to where it should be, or do I plough the whole lot into a more expensive car? Answers on a postcard...

No comments: