Thursday 1 March 2007

Another Viewing

I went to County Liquidations yesterday to see a car that they were advertising on their website. I wasn't really interested in the car, although the mileage wasn't shown on the advert, the 1998(R) registration meant that it would have had to have been a great deal to interest me. It was a pale blue 2.0S, ~100k miles and cloth interior. Marked up at £2990, which seemed a bit optimistic.

The main reason that I went was to have a climb over a model without a sunroof. I mentioned here that looked at a nice car a few weeks ago, and found that the sunroof left me with less than adequate headroom. This one was okay though, once I had adjusted the (non-powered) seats I found a decent driving position, I think.

The interior was a lot worse than the first car that I'd seen - I don't know whether this is because it differs from the 1998 to the 2001 model, or from the 'S' to the 'SE'. Either way, it looked a bit shiny and plasticky to me.

Other problems included a clutch pedal that required a bionic leg to depress and a gear-shift that made nasty squeaks, but since I'm not buying that one anyway I didn't worry too much...

No comments: