Thursday 24 May 2007

Converted...

I’d booked the Coupé in with Essex LPG for conversion on April 23rd. Alan was slightly cheaper than the Greenfuel quote I’d had, at £1650, but it was going to be a four-hour journey to drive the car down to him and then get a train back home. When I mentioned this to him he immediately offered to collect it from me and take it back to Essex on a trailer. Everyone’s a winner.

He’d estimated that the conversion would take about a week, but due to a problem getting a part from a supplier in Wales, I didn’t get the car back until the following Thursday. He did deliver it to me, saving me another four hour journey, which was good.

The conversion looks like a neat job; an 80 litre (nominal) tank fits nicely under the parcel shelf, but still gives me good access to the spare wheel. The filler valve has been neatly fitted onto the rear wing, close to the petrol cap, and the switch is tucked away under the radio.



No comments: